It was so frustrating during the 2008 election having Obama campaign as a moderate (at best) but still have “liberals” support him and act like I was a jerk for not thinking he was liberal enough. THEN, acting like he had betrayed them somehow. He didn’t betray anyone. He never campaigned as a liberal. He was very up front about what he was, and the liberals who supported him and are now upset have only themselves to blame. If they vote for him again KNOWING how corporatist and conservative he is, they have only themselves to blame again and deserve even more blame this time.
- danistellabotte likes this
- essentialwandering likes this
- eckitsyoux3 likes this
- keeping-sane likes this
- journeymancreativejournal likes this
- thesexuneducated said: but the pickings are slim. I would take Obama over Romney any day, just as I would of (and did) take Obama over McCain. Yes, he is a moderate but a moderate compared to Romney? He’s liberal enough.
- hairy-assholes likes this
- eatspoopsandleaves likes this