So a man in Massachusetts who commits no actual violent crime is on his way to federal prison simply because he is Muslim and translated some anti-U.S. Arabic texts, but a guy in Florida who admits to murdering an unarmed teen remains free of any criminal charges simply because the victim was Black and the killer is friends with the police?!
Prosecutors call Tarek Mehanna a dangerous radical, but he says he’s being punished for not turning into an FBI informant.
On Thursday in a Boston court, a 29-year-old Muslim student faces being sentenced to life behind bars in a case that civil liberties groups raises profound questions for freedom of speech in America.
Tarek Mehanna, a bearded Islamist with fundamentalist beliefs, was convicted last year for conspiring to provide support to terrorists by downloading jihadi videos from the internet and translating Islamist documents that he found online.
- sugarandskulls likes this
- kingphiliptraum likes this
- fariyah likes this
- counterclockwise22 reblogged this from socialuprooting
- isfahaneyes reblogged this from socialismartnature
- freethetrees likes this
- yodasithfoor reblogged this from socialismartnature
- ladydy likes this
- crochetadventures likes this
- trotskitty reblogged this from socialuprooting
- braddogott likes this
- purogallopinto likes this
- sanctifyme reblogged this from socialuprooting
- littlethousand likes this
- garlictitz reblogged this from socialuprooting
- girlysogroovy reblogged this from socialismartnature and added:
- ohwhatevertrever likes this
- thesenseamongthecommon likes this
- doyayoda reblogged this from socialuprooting
- dakhla92 reblogged this from socialuprooting
- theangryhippie likes this
- oludxra reblogged this from socialuprooting
- covenesque likes this